To advance the field of video quality assessment, VQEG performs subjective video quality experiments, validates objective video quality models, and collaboratively develops new techniques.
VQEG Brings International Experts Together
- Government Organizations
- The International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Other Standard-Developing Organizations (SDOs)
Main Activities Today
- Validation of hybrid models
- Joint objective model development
- Improved subjective testing methods (e.g., 3DTV, multimedia)
- VQEG eLetter 2st Issue
- Focus for 3nd Issue is video and image models for consumer content evaluation
VQEG submits reports to and liaises with regional and international SDOs in particular the ITU (R and T sectors).